Monday, October 1, 2018

31 Days of Horror: DAY ONE "Caught"

I'll be honest.

I'm not entirely sure I "liked" this film all that much. The premise caught my eye and held my attention. A couple are approached in their home by two strangers who would like to ask them a few questions. Mistaking these strangers for religious missionaries, the couple find themselves trapped and caught up in a terrifying nightmare as the two strangers subject them to strange questions and bizarre behavior.

Actor Cian Barry is one of the strangers to come calling and captures the bulk of the menace in the film. His partner doesn't speak much, more feral with each action and eager to kill. He barely holds her leash and warns the couple that he's "Not the one who decides" repeatedly. He barely seems to be holding it together and seems confused, which makes sense given the films unfolding narrative that never quite spells it out for the waiting audience. Even if you "know", they aren't going to tell you what the truth is out there on the moors. 

The film kept me hooked throughout most of it's run time but quickly lost steam once it had played out. It ended and not much was there when all was said and done. Still, a decent watch and currently streaming on Shudder as I type this.

6 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment